Are you interested in finding out the best Hypertherm plasma cutter? Do you know for what purpose these cutters are used for? And how efficiently it works when it comes to the need for cutting various sort of metals? Stick to this article, and we will let you know all about the best Hypertherm plasma cutters.
Plasma cutting is considered one of the best ways of cutting metals. Plasma cutters use an accelerated jet of hot plasma to cut conductive metals and are being widely used due to precise cutting.
Plasma cutting is faster and low in cost, this is the reason that it is not only used at the industrial level but also used by small hobbyist shops and DIY-er.
Hypertherm Plasma Cutters are the best efficient way to cut different types of materials such as steel, stainless steel, metal, aluminum, copper, and many other metals also.
But finding good tools has become a difficult task as the market is filled with many fake brands too. Anyone can get confused easily by the promises made by different brands.
Having more choices seems a good thing, but there are more chances of deception. Here some best plasma cutters have been reviewed to make it easy for you to choose best according to your requirements.
You have hit the right article if you are going to buy a plasma cutter. The following reviewed plasma cutters are the best cutters available at a reasonable price.
The versatility of these plasma cutters makes them unique ones in their kind. Having a look at this article can save you from wasting your money.
Top 4 Hypertherm Plasma Cutters:
|Hypertherm Powermax45 XP Hand System|
|Hypertherm Powermax 30 AIR Hand System|
|Hypertherm Powermax 65 Hand System|
|Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP Hand Plasma System|
1. Hypertherm Powermax45 XP Hand System
If you want to get a portable plasma cutter, then you should give Hypertherm Powermax 45Xp plasma cutter a look. It is small in size and lightweight but still, sturdy machine introduced by Hypertherm as Hypertherm is a reputable American brand.
It is largely used by metal workers to get their job done. The cut speed of this plasma cutter is 1.5 faster as compared to oxyfuel cutting.
The main thing in plasma cutters is the air pressure. Hypertherm has provided Smart Sense technology that regulates the air pressure and ensures the right air pressure all the time. This feature does not comes in all plasma cutters.
When it comes to the quality of cut, Hypertherm Powermax 45xp is a remarkable machine. It takes less time for grinding and edge preparation due to its superior cut and gouge quality.
Industrial grade material has been used for its manufacturing that ensures its high quality and durability. The air pressure is regulated using smart Sense technology. Its cutting power of 45 amps can easily cut almost all kinds of metals, even 16mm thick metal sheets.
It is easy to use the machine; there is no need to worry if you are buying this plasma cutter for the very first time. You don’t have to be professional in order to use this machine.
- Durable: When it comes to the durability of the Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP plasma cutter, industrial-grade material has been used for its manufacturing. It can last 10-12year minimum due to its quality manufacture. The durability could be determined easily by just giving it a look.
- Portable: Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP is a small-sized, lightweight, but powerful plasma cutter. The small size and the lightweight of this plasma cutter provide easy portability. It is a versatile machine in a compact size; it could be taken anywhere easily.
- Smart Sense Technology: Unlike other plasma cutters, Smart Sense technology has been used in this plasma cutter. The air pressure is being regulated that ensure the correctness of air pressure. It is a great feature added to overcome the air pressure problem.
- Versatile Machine: When it comes to its versatility, you can use Hypertherm Powermax 45xp Cutter for almost all type of conductive metals that includes iron, steel, aluminum, etc. It can precisely cut metal sheets of 16mm thickness easily, making it best for home and workshop use.
2. Hypertherm 088096 Powermax 30 AIR Hand System- Top Rated
If you are in need of a heavy-duty but a portable plasma cutter, then there could not be any other better choice than Hypertherm Powermax 30 air hand system plasma cutter. It is considered one of the top best plasma cutters due to its performance and size.
Despite its small size, the performance of this cutter is too good. It is being used and recommended by many metal workers due to its functionalities. It uses single-phase power for operation. It is easy to operate the machine; anyone can use it efficiently on very first use.
This plasma cutter works great for homes as well as for workshops. As it comes with an internal air compressor, it can be used anywhere. It is one of the best features of this plasma cutter. It delivers a high-quality cut in less time as compared to other cutters.
It comes with Auto Voltage technology; plug it in any 240v or 120v. This plasma cutter has been rugged and designed to stand with the toughest environments.
Calling it the best plasma cutter of its class will not be wrong. This detailed review will help you with choosing a plasma cutter according to your requirements.
- Performance: Hypertherm 088096 Powermax 30 AIR Hand System delivers maximum performance despite its small size. It gives superior quality cut with fast cutting speed. Many metalworkers recommend this plasma cutter for its performance as it offers the cut capacity of an 8mm thickness metal sheet.
- Durable: Hypertherm is a reputable American company and is known for its quality products. Hypertherm Powermax 30 air plasma cutter is made of industrial-grade material to tackle the harsh environmental conditions. There is no need to worry about its durability.
- Built-in Air Compressor:It comes with a built-in air compressor so it can be used anywhere without heap. This feature of the Hypertherm Powermax 30 air compressor makes it highly portable. It is the smallest hand-held plasma cutter available in the market with this quality.
- Auto Voltage Technology: This plasma cutter could be plugged into a 120 or 240v power source. Its auto voltage technology regulates power. It can be used anywhere as it uses single-phase power. You don’t have to worry about its components if you are going to buy this plasma cutter.
3. Hypertherm Powermax 65 Hand System
When it comes to buying a cutter, we have infinite choices, but finding the best one for you is not so easy. Hypertherm Powermax 65 Hand system plasma cutter is one of the finest plasma cutters available in the market. It is ranked as the top-rated Hypertherm Plasma cutter.
It is uniquely designed for professional work. Hypertherm always provides top quality products, and keep their name reputed.
This plasma cutter can change four different torch styles. One can choose any of these styles according to his work as it comes with the best torch nozzle design that gives superior quality cut.
Like other Hypertherm plasma cutters, this cutter comes with Smart Sense technology that adjusts the air pressure automatically. It lowers the cost due to its boost conditioner technology and works well on low line voltage, motor generators, and fluctuating power.
The maximum cut speed is 10 rpm for 1” metal sheet. Its LCD is great for beginners, as they can easily understand torch settings.
It is a bit expensive, but It will not be a bad choice for those who want to add mobility to their professional work. It is a remarkable product when compared to other of its kind.
- Torch Styles: Considering it, one of the best features of this plasma cutter will not be wrong. Unlike most of the plasma cutters, Hypertherm Powermax 65 allows four different torch styles for different nature of works. It can be easily adjusted by the interface panel of the cutter.
- Easy to use: No doubt, it is a professional kind of plasma cutter, but anyone can understand and use it effectively in just a few days. The LCD makes it even easier to operate the machine. You can start using it by just reading its manual.
- Boost Conditioner: Boost Conditioner technology is an excellent add-on in the Hypertherm plasma cutter as it can be used on low line voltage, fluctuated power, or power generator. You can use it anywhere without worrying about your plasma cutter.
- Flow Nozzle: The design of the torch is conical, providing high-density energy for a superior quality cut. The handle of the torch is more heat resistant as compared to previous models of Hypertherm. Its patent-pending shield enables smoother drag cut and reduces dross build-up.
4. Hypertherm 088079 Powermax30 XP Hand Plasma System
Many people have to reject the work when it comes to cutting thicker metals than average. They can upgrade their work by buying this real pro plasma cutter. Many professionals use this plasma cutter for the detailed cut.
This machine is powerful enough to cut the power to cut 16 mm thick metal sheets. Metalworkers can determine its strength by just knowing its cut capacity. It is a powerful machine but still small and lightweight.
The Duramax series has the capability of more heat tolerance as compared to previous models by Hypertherm. Anyone can use it due to its one-knob interface. This plasma cutter comes with a durable case that will last long.
And the safety kit for users also comes with it all safety components such as shades and gloves etc. No need to worry about storing it with care because its case will take care of that. It is used by many professionals for detailed cutting of thin metals and easy cutting of thick sheets.
It can be used on both 120 and 240 volts and automatically adjusts the input power. It comes with a consumable kit that includes all required consumables to operate this plasma cutter.
- Construction: Hypertherm products are always durable, the same with the Powermax 30. Industrial Grade material has been used for its manufacturing that ensures its durability. Its new torch design is also great as it is more heat resistant and can withstand the impact of the heat.
- Versatile: It is one of the most versatile plasma cutter manufactured by Hypertherm. It can easily cut thick metal sheets and is also used for a detailed cut of thin metals. It can be used with 120 and 240 v power with Autovoltage technology.
- Case: Most plasma cutters do not come with cases, but Hypertherm Powermax 35 comes with a quite durable case that will keep this plasma cutter safe. The life of this machine wills increases as it will remain secure in the case.
- Easy to carry: It is quite a powerful plasma cutter, but still, its size makes it easy to transport. The carrying handle of the case makes it even easier to transport. It can fit in any car hatchback. And it comes with auto voltage technology so you can use it anywhere.
Your Buyer’s Guide to Hypertherm Plasma Cutters in 2020:
Before buying a plasma cutter, you should shortlist your requirements in your mind. And your requirements should be clear enough to do your desired work, such as if you will be working in some specified space, there is no need to pay extra bucks for its portability. And if your working space is not specified then why you will buy a larger machine.
Likewise, there are many other factors you should consider before buying a plasma cutter. But before getting engage with the factors, you must know about the types of power sources of plasma cutters. Moreover, the primary purpose of buying a plasma cutter must also be considered.
Plasma Cutter Uses:
So first off all, let’s discuss the purpose of buying plasma cutters. There are different uses of plasma cutting depends on your needs and requirements. We are going to describe some of the major uses so that one can distinguish the needs and uses.
- Industrial use: For industrial use, there are zero chances of making any error. So to minimize the error rate, plasma torches are specially programmed to make the cutting of the specific metal efficiently. So if your requirements meet the needs of the high-tech manufacturing process, then industrial technology is the best way to utilize it. But such types of units require high initial costs when installed.
- Artwork use: If you are an artist and are looking for the best plasma cutters for your art, then you must go for the metal torches. Artists are always in search of the cutting tools that can help to apply many different themes to their artwork, at this time, metal torches are the best efficient way to refine your art. Also, by the use of ionized gas torches, artists can now make appropriate cuts in just a few minutes.
- Automotive cutting: If you are a garage owner or an automotive professional, metal cutting, welding, bolts, and nuts cutting are all you have to do. At this time, you need a compact and lightweight plasma cutter that you can easily carry and handle. So you must go for the high-quality models, featuring torch that should be small so that one can get into little nooks easily. You should go for the model that can not cut the thickness more than ½,” and that offers a mid-level power output.
- Home use: When it comes to the point of home use, there come many household applications that can be maintained and repaired by these units. The household applications include plumbing, welding, garage door fixing, and fabrication of certain fixtures. So if you want to get a model that can fulfill these types of needs, then you should go for the model that offers a long lifespan. Whereas, the power requirements depend on the thickness of metal you need to cut.
Things to consider:
There are many factors to considers:
1) Power Source:
Plasma cutters offer two main types of power sources: air pressure and electrical. These sources are the main thing to run plasma cutters.
- Air compressors: These are also called the pneumatic plasma cutters as these machines use the pressure of air as a power source. Mostly these types of plasma cutters accompany a built-in air compressor that is used to feed out the air from the nozzle.
- Electrical: These types of plasma cutters used electrical input as a power source to cut the metal and other types of material efficiently. There comes a heavy-duty cutter that used 240-volts as these are the three-phase machines, whereas, on the other hand, there comes a single-phase machine also. These single-phase tools use either 110/120 volts, 220/240 volts, or both.
2) Duty Cycle:
Always go for the tool that offers maximum hours of operation without any hassle. Duty cycles are the time provided by the machine to how long you can use the cutter without any break.
Typically, all the plasma cutters offer different running times. So check your requirements first and then go for the model that offers the working time you need.
It also depends on your needs. But portability is the feature required by all the people, whether they are professional or DIY-er.
If you need to move from one place to another in terms of cutting needs, then portability is the essential feature you should find in your priority model.
4) Plate Thickness:
This point depends on the thickness of the metal. Plate thickness determines the maximum thickness, so that means the machine can cut the metal with more ease.
When it comes to the point of cutting aluminum material, most of the models come with a 3/8-inches of thick plate. This thickness determines that this machine can also cut the steel plate of 5/8-inches.
5) Cut Finish:
The quality of the cut is another crucial point to consider. Different models of plasma cutters offer different finishing.
The highest amperage machines create quality cuts, whereas the low amperage machines require you to invest more of your energy, which means it ends up making uneven cuts.
So always go for the models that help to make the finest cuts without investing your additional energy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Which is the best Hypertherm Plasma Cutter?
Although all the models are the high-efficient models. But if we talk about the best among all these models, then Hypertherm 088096 Powermax is the best of all.
It accompanies an internal air compressor that provides air pressure as a power source. It is a budget-friendly model with high performance.
2) Should I buy a Plasma Cutter online?
Yes, you can buy a plasma cutter online, as many brands are offering you its products via the internet.
Buying online benefits you because you can find all the brands and products with all their pros and cons on the internet. Also, the reviews help you to find out the best model online.
3) What can plasma cutter cut through?
Plasma cutters are mainly designed to meet the needs of cutting electrically conductive materials. With the help of an accelerated jet of hot plasma and plasma torch, it can cut different types of materials. Including steel, stainless steel, brass, copper, aluminum, etc.
4) How thick can plasma cutter cut?
Plasma cutters can effectively cut the thick and thin material. Many types of torches can cut accordingly as the hand-held torches can cut the thick steel plate of up to 38mm. Whereas, the programmed torches can cut the thick plate of steel of up to 150mm.